Hi all, how’s your January been? Slow? Yep, same here and more or less same around the web. The holidays have a way of slowing everyone down and it takes a bit of time to get back up to speed.
This month was all about looking forward to the rest of 2013 so this round up will be all about predictions, tutorials to help you improve your craft, and words on improving your business.
But first let’s start with the best in websites that popped up in January.
This month there was one website that really caught my eye.
Form Follows Function is hands down the most interesting website to come out this month. The site features HTML5 experiments in many shapes and flavors. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit of time playing with this beauty.
Looking forward to 2013
Each year a slew of web trend predictions emerge all over the web. Many of them contradict each other, which is one of the most compelling reasons to read them.
- Web Design trends you can’t ignore in 2013 on Design Reviver
- Web Design: 20 Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2013 by Jake Rocheleau on Hongkiat.com
- Design Blogs to Follow in 2013 [Infographic] by Lesley Yarbrough on Colour Lovers
Learning your craft
What’s a better way to improve your future than improving your craft?! Here are some lovely tutorial round-ups, and a bit on kick-starting your creativity.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 New Round of Tips and Tricks by Stéphanie Walter on Onextrapixel
- Collection of the Best Photoshop CS6 Tutorials by Stacy Summers on Crazyleaf Design Blog
- New Year’s Resolution Guide for Developers: Getting Them Done! by Jamal Jackson on InstantShift
- Guilt-Free Creativity: Stop Kicking Yourself & Start Producing by Elizabeth Grace Saunders on 99U
Did I miss anything?
There you have it! Not a huge round-up but one that can certainly keep you entertained for a good chunk of time.
Let me know if I missed any spectacularly designed websites or must-read articles. Stay tuned for next month’s Best of Web Design!