We find so many great links for nonprofits that we thought it would be great to put all of them in the same place. Introducing our monthly round-up of tech, marketing, and fundraising links! Do let us know if we’re missing any important links.
Tech + web
- 20 Best nonprofit websites – 2017 edition
Always great to start off with a bit of inspiration and you’ll find plenty of it here.
- AI: What It Is and What Your Nonprofit Needs to Know
I don’t know if there’s a hotter topic in the tech world than AI and you can bet that nonprofits have lots to learn about and benefit from in this developing sector of technology.
- The Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) Is Going into Full Effect – Are You Ready?
Canadian nonprofits (and folks who might have Canadian email subscribers) this is important info for you. This article has great, actionable advice on making sure you’re compliant. This law goes into effect tomorrow, July 1st!
- The Modern Mid-Size Nonprofit’s Tech Stack
Oh lord, how much do we all love tech tools?! This list is thoroughly informative to help you decide whether each of these tools is the right one for you.
- WordPress 4.8 “Evans” is out
Now for a bit of WordPress news – the newest core release is out and it packs a few great new features. Make sure your WordPress website is updated and learn about what’s new.
Diving Into the New Gutenberg WordPress Editor (Pros and Cons)
The new hot news in the WordPress community is the Gutenberg editor. It’s by no means ready for production environments but you can play with the beta release and this article gives a great overview of what’s available right now.
Create a Peer-to-Peer Give Campaign with Caldera Forms
Our favourite fundraising plugin for WordPress has put together a really thorough tutorial on setting up peer-to-peer campaigns (for free) with their platform and Caldera forms. Seeing as p2p is the biggest things in fundraising right now this is a must read!
Sasha’s talk about using WordPress for good at WordCamp Europe 2017
Our own Sasha just presented a talk at WordCamp Europe about working with nonprofits. The second half has a slew of great advice on plugins and technology to use with your nonprofit WordPress website.
- 10 Little-Known Facebook Marketing Features and Hacks You Can Try Today
Don’t know if all 10 are little-known but definitely great tip and trick in this article for those of you using Facebook to market your nonprofit.
- Nonprofit Facebook page templates: What you need to know
That’s right, Facebook rolled out page templates and one new option is the nonprofit page template. Learn about it here.
- Digital Marketing Plan For Nonprofits: The Definitive Guide (2017)
We love Nonprofits Source’s marketing content! This is just the first chapter in their 6 chapter series and already lots and lots of great advice. A must read and must follow for future content.
Fundraising + Money
- Grant Writing Best Practices: 5 Tips from 5 Experts
Lots of common sense advice here that might even get you excited about the grant writing process.
- 3 Ways to Use Google Analytics to Increase Donations
You’re probably already using Google Analytics (you should be) so here’s some extra useful ways and instruction to help you learn about your donors.
- Everything You Need to Know About Donor Relations
A huge round-up of donor relations articles and podcasts. Great place for a deep dive!
- 5 Lessons Learned from Donating to 25 Nonprofits
Nothing like some real life experience to learn about where nonprofits are succeeding and falling short. Where does your organization’s donation experience fall?
- 19 Summertime Ideas to Help You Win in December
Solstice has passed and we’re in deep summertime territory. Folks are on vacation and those of us who aren’t would rather be at the park or the beach. Take advance of the lull to set things up for the fall and winter.
Events + Conferences + Webinars
- The Power of Storytelling Virtual Conference (free webinar) – Tuesday, July 11
- How to Successfully Participate in Cause Awareness and Giving Days (free webinar) – Tuesday, July 11
- do_action_mtl: Nonprofit applications now open
If you didn’t hear, we’re organizing a WordPress hackathon for nonprofits in our lovely city of Montreal. And we’re looking for nonprofits who need a website (or a new one) to participate! Get all the info here.
- 10 Nonprofit Blogs You Should Be Following
To finish things up here is a great list of nonprofit blogs for you to follow.
Hope you found these links to be helpful for your nonprofit. Come back next month for the next round-up!