It’s time for another roundup of the best tech, content, and digital strategy links for non-profits. As always, do let us know if we missed any important links!
Tech + web
- 9 nonprofit web design best practices
Not only a list of best practices but also tips on how to achieve them on your non-profit website.
- Experts Weigh-In on Nonprofit Website Design Best Practices
An interview-style post from npEngage if you prefer to learn from conversations and discussions.
- Best Practices for your Nonprofit Website
Slides from Matt Cromwell’s presentation at WordCamp Sacramento – these apply to all websites, not just ones using WordPress.
- Why Don’t Nonprofit Sites Convert?
When Zeldman speaks we listen – great advice on converting with your non-profit website.
- 9 Tips to Maximize Your Fundraising with Social Media
Online donations are preferred by the majority of donors, here are a few ideas on leveraging your social media efforts to maximize fundraising drives.
- How Social Listening Resulted in One Nonprofit’s Most Successful Email Campaign Ever
Insight into using social media to define and redefine your digital strategy.
- How to Make a Donor Profile in 5 Easy Steps
Like personas but for donors.
- What to Post on Each Social Media Platform: The Complete Guide to Optimizing Your Social Content
Buffer knows a thing or two about what works on social media and they’ve created a simple to follow guide to making the best of each of the networks your organization uses.
- 23 of the Best Fundraising Ideas for Growth
This post might seem like it’s all about fundraising but it actually more about adjusting your digital strategy to drive donations.
With #GivingTuesday just around the corner, there’s been a whole slew of articles about fundraising data that are sure to help you with your strategy for the big day.
- 2017 Global Trends in Giving Report
This is our number one stop for all fundraising data. Great infographics if you want to get just a few ideas and download the full report for a deeper dive.
- Data for Good: Fundraising and Technology Insights for your Year-End Campaigns
A few highlight data from the 2017 Global NGO Technology Report, the 2017 Global Trends in Giving Report, and Network for Good’s donor platform in a slide presentation.
- The Ultimate List of Online Giving Statistics
Just in case you haven’t had your fill of giving data – this post has an impressive amount of stats organized by medium.
- 2017 Major Gift Benchmark Study
If you’re interested in learning more about major gifts this is the place to get some factual insights.
- 5 Inventive Ways Donor Data Can Boost Your EOY Fundraising
All data isn’t created equal – your constituency might be different from the general public out there, so here are a few ideas on surveying the folks that matter to your organization.
- NGOs and Data Security: Do You Know Where Your Data Is?
Since we’re talking about data we have to talk about making all that data secure.
- How to Develop a Content Strategy: A Start-to-Finish Guide
Just in case you’re not sure where to start with this whole content strategy thing, this is a very thorough and informative guide.
- How to Add Urgency to Your Fundraising Appeals Without Being Pushy
Nothing worse than turning off constituents by being too pushy – here are a few tips to help make the urgent ask without putting off possible donors and supporters.
- 6 Ways to Tell Your Nonprofit Story With Images
Because images a so much more engaging and should very much be a part of your content strategy.
- How Gravity Forms and Give Work Together: A Case Study
We love using Give to set up fundraising portals on our clients’ websites. Here’s their latest case study on integrating with Gravity Forms. We also recommend checking out: Create a Peer-to-Peer Give Campaign with Caldera Forms to supercharge your year-end giving drives.
- 14 WordPress Plugins Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
Just in case you were wondering if you could do that with WordPress – yes, you can!
October Events + Conferences + Webinars
- NetSquared Montreal is back!
The meetup group is active again with a number of upcoming events.
- NFG Masterclass: The Secret to a Record-Breaking #GivingTuesday – 11 October
If you tune into any event in the next month – let it be this one.
- How to Captivate and Engage Constituents with Your Website
Of course, this very useful webinar is happening on the same day but thankfully just after the one above!
- 48 Nonprofit Technology Webinars & Online events
All sorts of amazing online opportunities here – no point in posting them all separately here, just go to this page to find the right ones for your interests.
- Podcasts for Nonprofit Professionals
This list ought to keep give you plenty of entertaining and educational listening material.
Hope you found these links to be helpful for your non-profit. Come back in November (sheesh, has it already been a year since last November?!) for the next round-up!